Highlights Q3 2022
CR 84.9 % and 8 % volume growth
Protector Forsikring ASA recorded a profit of MNOK 175.2m (NOK 125.1m) for the quarter. The technical result was NOK 210.1m (NOK 211.4m) driven by strong technical results in Scandinavia. The combined ratio was 84.9 % (82.9 %).
The return on investments was NOK 22.9m (NOK ‐7.0m) or 0.2% (0.0 %). Equity markets posted weakened returns while widening spreads and rising interest rates impacted the fixed income portfolio negatively.
In Q3, gross written premiums increased by 8 %, or 12 % in local currencies. The growth is driven by the UK. In the first three quarters the gross written premiums came in at NOK 5,822.6m up 13 %, or 15 % in local currencies.
YTD, the company recorded a profit of NOK 196.3m (NOK 965.2m). The technical result was NOK 490.2m (NOK 493.2m) corresponding to a combined ratio of 87.9 % (85.9 %). The return on investments was NOK ‐162.2m (NOK 717.1m) or ‐1.1 % (5.1 %).
The SCR‐ratio was 222 % (230 %).
Q3 2022 showsfollowing development compared to Q3 2021:
- Premium growth in local currencies 12 % (26 %)
- Net combined ratio 84.9 % (82.9 %)
- Net return on investments NOK 22.9m (NOK -7.0m), or 0.2 % (0.0 %)
- Profit for the period NOK 175.2m (NOK 125.1m)
- SCR-ratio 222 % (230 %)
Q1-Q3 2022 shows following development compared to Q1-Q3 2021:
- Premium growth in local currencies 15 % (10 %)
- Net combined ratio 87.9 % (85.9 %)
- Net return on investments NOK -162.2m (NOK 717.1m), or -1.1 % (5.1 %)
- Profit for the period NOK 196.3m (NOK 965.2m)